The Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment is designed to help improve the workplace culture for occupational health and safety. It raises employees’ awareness of the concept of risk assessment in a work environment.
Its main purpose is to enable learners to understand the basic principles of risk assessment. This qualification will therefore give all employees the ability to contribute to the process and act always to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
The course covers the following topics:
- Main causes of accidents and ill health, and their implications for people in the workplace
- Legal requirements for risk assessment
- Principles of risk assessment including:
– hazards, risks and control measures
– the five steps of risk assessment
– the hierarchy of control
– risk assessment review and record keeping.