The Fire Safety Awareness Course is designed to help employees recognise fire safety issues in the workplace, and understand how to react when the fire alarm sounds.
Designed for: all employees:
- those with no specific fire-safety role
- those undertaking induction training
- as an introduction for those who intend to move on to further fire-safety training
This course covers the following topics:
- Main causes and effects of fires in the workplace
- Duties and responsibilities (of employers, employees and fire wardens)
- Procedures in the event of a fire
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
- Fire prevention measures
- Fire risk management, including risk assessment
- The fire triangle
- Fire risk control measures (active and passive)
- Reporting fire safety issues
- Portable fire-fighting equipment
- Simple checks of portable fire-fighting equipment
Duration: 3 hours
Course can be run at times to suit your requirement/shift patterns.
Group size: – no minimum or maximum just ask for a quote.