This is suitable for new employees who need a basic awareness of food safety before they start work in any food premises.
It is suitable for staff working with low risk or pre-packaged foods, waiters, porters and servery staff. It is also suitable for those working in early years settings that just prepare snacks and not main meals.
This course can be run as an attendance certificate course or accredited with HABC.
This course can be run for Retail, Catering or Manufacturing industries.
Duration: 3 hours
Course can be run at times to suit your requirement/shift patterns.
Group size: No minimum or maximum number just ask for a quote.
Here is an example of the syllabus for the Level 1 Catering Course which covers the basics of Food Safety & Hygiene for people who are engaged in activities in handling or preparing food for the consumption of others.
The areas covered in the course are as follows:-
- The importance and use of the right protective clothing
- The importance of and correct hand-washing procedures
- The importance of reporting illness
- The importance of wound dressings
- The legal responsibilities of you as a food handler
- Keeping your work area and equipment clean and tidy
- Waste disposal and the frequency of waste disposal
- Contamination and Cross-Contamination
- Basic rules for safe food storage
- The hazards caused by pests
- Food safety hazards in your workplace
To book a course for your organisation – please click here